Meet the Team, Follow Progress and Enjoy the Ride

This blog is about the lives of a few entrepreneurs who are aiming to establish the next trend in social networking and the concept that will make it happen. Since our venture is all about connecting people together, we want to be involved and connected to you and we want you to be involved and connected to us. We'll be sharing with you: who we are, how we got started, how we’re doing and where we’re going...we're taking you along for the ride!!

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Scrubbing the Business Plan

I was suppose to drive to Massachusetts this weekend to go see my father and thank him in person, as well as have a good heart-to-heart with him, but I’m postponing the trip. I have too much work that needs to get done. I need to do a major scrub over of the business plan. Unfortunately, I haven’t started yet, because I’m not 100% sure how to approach it. There are a multitude of ways things might unfold according to where we are today. Martin and I spent a lot of time white boarding and discussing options this week.

We have created a bootstrap option, which requires around $100,000 of funding and a greater emphasis on creating equity partnerships. The bootstrap option ends up having more phases and a series of soft launches. However, since we are also investing a great deal of energy in raising funds…we obviously would like that option to pan out. With funding we have more marketing and selling power to do a large and hard launch.

No matter what...our concept has many phases—I just have to figure out how to break it all out into the plan accordingly. The original plan still applies, but definitely requires greater details.

I have great apprehensions when it comes to send the plan out. I really have to get over that!! We’ll be sending out close to 100 hard copies of the plan in the next few weeks.

No comments: