Meet the Team, Follow Progress and Enjoy the Ride

This blog is about the lives of a few entrepreneurs who are aiming to establish the next trend in social networking and the concept that will make it happen. Since our venture is all about connecting people together, we want to be involved and connected to you and we want you to be involved and connected to us. We'll be sharing with you: who we are, how we got started, how we’re doing and where we’re going...we're taking you along for the ride!!

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Positive Influences

I made a decision 3 years ago to surround myself with positive people and influences. Prior to 3 years, I was in a bad relationship, a painful job that beat me down everyday, and was living a strictly materialistic lifestyle. One day when my body felt numb, I knew I was ready to receive a heart attack and that it was time for a change. I went through a divorce, quit my job, sold or gave away most of my material possessions and started to live. I know from that point, I was never going back to a job with a boss and I was always going to surround myself with people that are positive and that inspire me to be better. I now have the most beautiful wife, my own business (mind you, I’m on my fifth business with WhyGoSolo), a group of friends I would give the shirt off my back to, and a whole new perspective on life.

I included this video not just to promote Sugarland and Country music but to show that you can get positivity in many different forms. Has anyone had a similar experience?

3 comments:

Ruth Saenz said...

Sounds like you're on the right path!

Ann Bernard said...

I'm not a huge country music fan but this is an EXCELLENT song selection. I'm really excited about what our little team. I've been very impressed with the people that Martin has in his life. He truly keeps good company and always acts, thinks, and creates positivity (I think that's a word)

Don't Be Silent DC said...

I'm not at that point where I have the strength to make changes yet (but I'm getting there), but kudos to you for having the guts to make changes in your life.