Meet the Team, Follow Progress and Enjoy the Ride

This blog is about the lives of a few entrepreneurs who are aiming to establish the next trend in social networking and the concept that will make it happen. Since our venture is all about connecting people together, we want to be involved and connected to you and we want you to be involved and connected to us. We'll be sharing with you: who we are, how we got started, how we’re doing and where we’re going...we're taking you along for the ride!!

Monday, June 4, 2007

Never Lonely But Often Bored

I’m 29…soon to be the big 30 in September, single, outgoing and very active. However, my friends for the most part, have either moved away or have gotten married. I never, okay, I rarely find myself lonely, but I very often find myself bored. I hate being bored.

I have a plethora of interests…many of which, I don’t get to do. The primary reason why that is? Because, I don’t have anyone to do them with. I’m not against going out alone and often do, but guess what, that gets a little boring at times too!!

I have been on the multitude of online communities, Craigslist, Meetup.com and even the dreaded online dating sites and none of them have really delivered a worthwhile experience or real people who are, and do, what they claim in their posts or profiles. I know there are many of you reading this who can relate…I will likely rant about this again in the future!!

I am definitely and completely fed up with it…which is why, I came up with Why Go Solo. Why Go Solo is designed to “Make Spontaneous Connections Happen”…and what do we mean by that.

Why Go Solo will stand apart from the rest. We will have many unique features (and partnerships) to attract people looking to meet like-minded, active, action-oriented, friendly and professional individuals that understand that chat, email and quick notes in a profile is not socializing, nor is it really making friends. After all, what happens once you turn off your computer? Where are you friends then? Where are those friends when you want to go to the movies, play golf or go out to dinner? Do we really want a society that only knows how to communicate online and at the root of their being feel completely isolated and alone?

Just something for you to think about…for now.

No comments: