Meet the Team, Follow Progress and Enjoy the Ride

This blog is about the lives of a few entrepreneurs who are aiming to establish the next trend in social networking and the concept that will make it happen. Since our venture is all about connecting people together, we want to be involved and connected to you and we want you to be involved and connected to us. We'll be sharing with you: who we are, how we got started, how we’re doing and where we’re going...we're taking you along for the ride!!

Monday, June 4, 2007

Why, Why Go Solo?!!?

Unfortunately, I can’t fully disclose what Why Go Solo is all about or what the secret sauce will be. We can’t risk losing this amazing concept to someone else or to another organization, but I am going to attempt to tell you as much about it as I can, so you can get excited about what we’re doing.

Do any of these apply to you:

Are you new to an area?
Are you always traveling?
Are you single?
Do you continuously need to network?
Do you often find yourself alone?
Do you want to expand your network?
Do you love meeting new people?
Are you a social butterfly?
Are you ready to make new friends?
Do you feel isolated and disconnected because you’re too busy?
Do you often wish you could find someone to “hang out” with, who has similar interests?
Are you tired of meeting people online and never actually meeting anyone offline?

If you answered yes, to one or a few of those questions…Why Go Solo is for you!!


I meet a lot of people on a regular basis. It’s just part of who I am and definitely a huge part of being in business and an entrepreneur and each time I do, I learn new things, I grow and expand who I am. I also have one huge network that provides support, encouragement and assistance whenever I need it. It’s priceless.

Of course, it’s a little ironic, because like I mentioned in another post, I still end up bore and alone most of the time. Yes, I have a huge network and lots friends, but they are not all necessarily near me, available all the time, or fully into what I enjoy doing, which is why; I’m always open to meeting new people. I want to meet new people that are more specifically matched to the activities and interests that I have.

This is common for a lot of people both single people and people in relationships. Your husband, wife or life partner might not necessarily be always interested in the same activities, events or interests you have…so, it would be great to be able to quickly find someone who is. Why Go Solo will facilitate that.

Let me better clarify that too. Meeting someone does not imply meeting someone of the opposite sex. Time to be mature and expand our way to thinking. A middle age woman, can look for another middle age woman to go to the Opera…a professional executive can look for another professional executive in a different corporation to go golfing…a sexy young woman can look for another sexy young woman to go to happy hour.

It’s perfectly healthy, normal, but yet, difficult to find individuals who are willing and ready to go do what we are sitting home wishing we were doing.

That is Why, Why Go Solo!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your concept sounds interesting (without giving away the secret sauce of course). I'm curious as to how you intend to populate your social network. From what i've seen this is the greatest difficulty new networks face, and those that have been succesful - such as facebook - have leveraged off existing groups of contacts

Ann Bernard said...

Great question. Why Go Solo is designed to grow by creating partnerships with offline organizations. We have a completely different marketing approach.

Plus, since what we will be offering is diffent then the other social networks...it won't be for everyone, but it will spread by attracting like minded people that are part of our target groups.