Meet the Team, Follow Progress and Enjoy the Ride

This blog is about the lives of a few entrepreneurs who are aiming to establish the next trend in social networking and the concept that will make it happen. Since our venture is all about connecting people together, we want to be involved and connected to you and we want you to be involved and connected to us. We'll be sharing with you: who we are, how we got started, how we’re doing and where we’re going...we're taking you along for the ride!!

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Cuddling with the Usual Suspects

If you’ve been reading this blog then you know I’m not talking about a thorough and distinguished list of men, but rather, I’m referring to my list of business magazines I read (Inc., Entrepreneur, Fast Company, Fast Money, Forbes, Business Week etc.)

Yesterday, my Inc., and Entrepreneur magazines came in. I’m not quite done reading Entrepreneur just yet. Inc.’s main focus in the August edition is on articles related in having and creating business/corporate fun.

Great topic, but I found myself just browsing the articles. I have a vision of the type of corporate culture WGS, Inc. will have and it definitely include tons of fun. I will have a state of the art air hockey machine in my office for sure.

There is however, an article that I want to highly recommend you read: Mapping the Entrepreneurial Psyche. It was written by Thomas K. McCraw, Pulitzer Prize-winner historian and teacher for many years at Harvard Business School, who happened to also be the author of a recently published book Prophet of Innovation: Joseph Schumpeter and Creative Destruction. The two-page article is a brief, but fascinating overview of economist Joseph Schumpeter and his revolutionary (early 1930s) understanding of entrepreneurship.

I’ll be checking out Thomas K. McCraw’s book. Click on the book to read the reviews on Amazon.com

No comments: