Meet the Team, Follow Progress and Enjoy the Ride

This blog is about the lives of a few entrepreneurs who are aiming to establish the next trend in social networking and the concept that will make it happen. Since our venture is all about connecting people together, we want to be involved and connected to you and we want you to be involved and connected to us. We'll be sharing with you: who we are, how we got started, how we’re doing and where we’re going...we're taking you along for the ride!!

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Random and Much Needed Update

Ahhhh, yes…what’s going on with Why Go Solo!?!? I realize I haven’t been blogging has much these last couple of weeks and there are two good reasons for that:

1) The unbelievably slow progression is down right killing me and I haven’t wanted to talk about it. And

2) We will soon be moving the blog over to our whygosolo.com domain, and therefore, I want to have some fresh and wonderful material to start the blog in the new location.

Yesterday we received some designs that I was very happy with…the problem we have now is which one to go with—if it’s not one thing, it’s another right? I really wish I could just post the designs here and have everyone take a vote on it, but of course, we can’t. The decision we have to make is between very fun, exciting, colorful and playful and a more professional, business-like, but still hip design.

One of the designs just makes me happy…looking at it makes me smile. On the other hand, Martin kinda thinks that design would be best suited for Crayola. We have sent the designs to be vented out to friends, family, our handful of investors thus far, and our board of advisors. This is going to be a tough call. We need to decide soon so we can move into the design for the blogs…and the backend screen shots.

The funding raising efforts are going much slower than I had ever anticipated. I’m hoping August is just overall a slow month for getting in touch with people…it’s what I’m telling myself.

I’ve been aggressively looking into other options and for the most part coming up short. I was thoroughly let down by one investor who had promised to help. People will say anything to get your help, but when it’s time to return the favor…only a few rare and special people return the favor. There’s no point in harboring a grudge. I just keep a good list of who has been there to help and who hasn’t. I also try to remember to simply help while not expecting anything in return. See there’s that word expectation…wish I never had expected this gentleman to help.

Meanwhile, I’m keeping busy networking. I’ve met some really interesting people these last few days. I will talk more as things develop…lots of great potential collaboration, but no expectations!!

1 comment:

Erik said...

August is a TERRIBLE time to try and raise money. So much so that you probably shouldn't even be trying. The last thing you want is to look like a "stale" offering come fall.

How are you going about the fund raising process? How much are you looking to raise? How far along is the product?