Meet the Team, Follow Progress and Enjoy the Ride

This blog is about the lives of a few entrepreneurs who are aiming to establish the next trend in social networking and the concept that will make it happen. Since our venture is all about connecting people together, we want to be involved and connected to you and we want you to be involved and connected to us. We'll be sharing with you: who we are, how we got started, how we’re doing and where we’re going...we're taking you along for the ride!!

Monday, August 6, 2007

NYC Green Lady Prescribes Why Go Solo for Me

I grew up in a town called Westfield, NJ, which is about 30 minutes outside New York City. Needless to say, I spent a lot of time in the city over the years and it was good to get back over there for the weekend. My mom, dad, Ruth, and I went to visit my sister, Laura in North Jersey and went into NYC for a day of fun. From left to right, you have my sister (who is single and can’t wait for the Why Go Solo launch), mother, father, and Ruth (my wife who can’t wait for different reasons:). For myself, the trip was to evaluate the need for Why Go Solo in NYC, “The city that never sleeps.”

NYC experiences over 40 million travelers per year and houses over 8 million people (according to 2000 Census data). My initial thought was that if you are in NYC and seeking out a social life or spontaneous connections you are in the right place. After spending a full day in both China Town and Little Italy, I was able to view at least 200,000 people walking around, sitting in restaurants and outdoor eateries, going shopping, biking, jogging, etc. Regardless of what they were doing, there were people alone everywhere and a lot of them were simply people watching. Understanding there are some assumptions in my drawn conclusion, but I would say that some of these individuals are curious people and would love to have a service like Why Go Solo.

Towards the end of the day, I broke off from my family and was alone for about 3 hours just people watching. My main thought, without first recognizing it, was, “I wish I had Why Go Solo and wouldn’t mind making a connection right about now.” Martin

No comments: